At Universal Support Services Ltd, we are committed to keeping your personal information safe and being clear about how we collect your data, how we store it and what we do with it.
Universal Support Services covered by this policy include our Message a Counsellor services, not face to face, telephone and webcam counselling services where separate confidentiality statements apply.
Universal Support Services is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office our data control number is no Z1661327 Our company’s registration number is 5968943
We will not
- Sell or rent your data to third parties.
- Share data with third parties for marketing purposes
- We will share data if we are required to by law for example a court order or to prevent fraud or crime.
What information can we collect about you?
We will collect and store information gathered when you do the following things.
- Contact us for a live chat.
- Contact us to message a counsellor.
- Contact us for training
- Make an enquiry
- Apply for a job or work with us
- Enter into a contract with us
Information you give us indirectly
Depending what you do on our website we may collect and store your email address date of birth and telephone number.
Certain types of personal information are recognized by data protection law as being more sensitive. So, things like sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin religious or political opinion data concerning your health (Mental or Physical) or your sex life fall into this category.
Universal Support Services Ltd will only collect this information where it tells you about the provision of the service to you. Whenever this is required we will state clearly at the time why this information is required. We may also gather sensitive information if you choose to share your experiences with us but will only do this with your explicit consent.
How do we use your personal information
We will use your personal information to do the following
- Respond to direct requests where you contact us with a query.
- Process applications to sub contract at Universal Support Services e.g. if you fill in an application form or send us your CV or send us information in respect of a possible contract opportunities.
For how long do we keep your information
We are committed to keeping your information for no longer than is necessary in relation to the purpose it was first collected. This is in line with guidance from the Information Commissioners Office. Universal Support Services Ltd may hold some types of data for up to seven years.
Do you share my information with anyone else?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which is was obtained in the first place. We won’t share it with any third parties without your consent.
However, there are two ways in which your data might be shared..
- Where we are legally bound to disclose your information, for example to further criminal investigation
- To keep you safe if we believe you or someone else is at risk of serious harm or abuse.
Keeping your personal information safe
We are committed to doing all we can to keep you date secure.
We have digital and operational safeguards to make sure data is secure.
Access is limited to those people who actually need to access it and are assigned permission to do so.
Your rights and managing your own data
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold or for your personal information to be deleted. You can also ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or to object to the processing altogether.
We will ask you for proof of identity and upon this being successfully verified you are entitled to obtain the following information about your personal information.
- The purpose of the collection processing use and storage of your personal data.
- The source(s) of the personal information if it was not obtained from you.
- The categories of personal data stored about you.
- The recipients of your personal data have been or may be transmitted along with the location of those recipients.
- The envisaged period of storage or the rationale for determining the storage period.
Cookies are little text files downloaded when you visit a website. Cookies are used to provide you with a smooth experience while you browse.